Sunday, April 23, 2006





Old Coach Road, Rainford Mosslands
Colin Davis had reported some yellow wagtails on the Rainford mosslands during the last couple of days so I thought I would take a stroll down the Coach road in search of them and anything else that came along. It was a glorious day so me and the wife took the afternoon sunshine together. Good numbers of wheatears, 20 plus. A couple of Yellowhammers even had the binoculars up to my wifes eyes. I met another birdwatcher who had just been eyeballing a couple of yellow wags and he had said one of them was a blue headed wagtail but they had just flown off. We searched the next field and found them feeding under the feet of a few bulls. Excellent views of the two male wagtails were had and good enough one of them was a blue headed. Nice, very nice.

Talk about colour co-ordination!!!

No comments: