Thursday, August 02, 2007



Duckies and warblers in
Manchester city centre,
For the second time this week I found myself in Manchester. On Monday I was at the MEN arena to watch a group of duckies called the SISSOR SISTERS. A great night out. Then on Thursday 2nd August the chance of an eastern olivacious warbler had me flying up the m62 yet again. This bird was in the most unlikely of places, a car park in China town. I arrived at 19.00 and only got the briefest of views as the light was fading and really had to wait too see some photos before I could get a decent view of it.It was very very elusive. There has been an excellent id dicussion going on in birdforum and I now think the general view is that it is a reed warbler with the likes of Killian Mullarney and Lars Svennson getting involved.

No comments: